Brett teaches organ, composition, and music theory (theory, musicianship, music craft). Brett is an accredited teacher in these areas (see Certificate below). Lessons are given by Skype or at studios in Camden Park in the southern suburbs, Gordon in Sydney, or the Souther Highlands.
Current students are preparing for:
- LMusA Musicianship (AMEB)
- AMusA Theory in harmony and counterpoint (AMEB)
- LTCL in organ (Trinity College)
- ACertPW (Guild of Church Musicians)
Previous students have successfully gained:
- LMusA Theory in musicology (AMEB)
- AMusA Musicianship (AMEB)
- Theory Grade 6 (AMEB)
- Theory Grade 5 (AMEB)
- LTCL Composition (Trinity College)
- Theory Grade 8 (Trinity College)
- and others.
Brett also specialises in private tutoring for tertiary music students. Whether you wish to get up to speed in first year university, or fill gaps in your knowledge, cement ideas taught at uni or college, or get ahead of the pack, Brett can help. Brett has taught at university in harmony, counterpoint, analysis, music history, aural, composition, and postgraduate supervision. He has previously tutored students studying at Sydney Conservatorium of Music, AIM, Newcastle University, and others. Brett’s former students have graduated with Bachelors and Masters degrees as well as earning diplomas from Trinity College and the AMEB.
Lessons can be 30 or 60 minutes but some students have elected for 90 minutes or even 2 hours when close to exams. Scheduling is flexible so you can fit in around work or uni commitments. Sometimes students prefer longer lessons every fortnight instead of weekly: this can all be accommodated.
Brett has taught at all levels of music education, but as a specialist in tertiary education, has particular experience with adult learners.
Brett is also happy to give advice on your compositions if preparing for submission for the HSC or other submissions.
Rates are competitive. Email for further information.
Comments from students:
- LMusA Theory Musicology student: “Thanks again for excellent lessons (and enjoyable)”
- Composition student: “I’m really enjoying our lessons, learning new things!”